Narcissism and Narcissistic Behaviors

T_Kt

Rookie
I've had long-term, close interaction with 2 individuals with NPD. It's unpleasant, disorienting, and destructive.

But one can also say relationships with so-called normal people are unpleasant, disorienting, and destructive.

It all comes down to you: how will you respond to everything around you? Get the eff up and start moving again. It's what I've had to do, and plenty of others. But that outlook is derided as belittling and gaslighting and such.

No one except those who rig the game can win when everything can be labeled negatively.

e-Enoch

Superstar
I've had long-term, close interaction with 2 individuals with NPD. It's unpleasant, disorienting, and destructive.

But one can also say relationships with so-called normal people are unpleasant, disorienting, and destructive.

It all comes down to you: how will you respond to everything around you? Get the eff up and start moving again. It's what I've had to do, and plenty of others. But that outlook is derided as belittling and gaslighting and such.

No one except those who rig the game can win when everything can be labeled negatively.
At the end of the day, it's really your move for survival...I get that...But what about the kids who are dependent on their narcissistic parents?

Clearly this is the reason why the problem just keeps going...the kids grow up to become narcissistic themselves... the classic case of the "abused becoming the abuser..."

It's easy to say that it all "depends on how you respond..." But how do people actually respond in these situations?

T_Kt

Rookie
Hard truth time:

A person is defined by their response to the events of their life, not the events themselves. Many choose a response of weakness to victimization.

Our world today is benefitted by keeping victims of NPD persons in a state of affliction. A sick society needs sick people to keep it going.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Hard truth time:

A person is defined by their response to the events of their life, not the events themselves. Many choose a response of weakness to victimization.

Our world today is benefitted by keeping victims of NPD persons in a state of affliction. A sick society needs sick people to keep it going.
Indeed, many choose to be victims or play victim... perhaps that makes them "cope better..." But it does not provide any form of healing...

A sick society... with sick people...what comes next? Deterioration and death? I pray and hope that people would still choose to be healed...and move on with a life with true vitality and positivity...And with God, nothing is impossible...

sickgirl15

Established
Hello there! I would like to personally thank you for posting these very empowering, helpful, potentially life/sanity saving videos that shed much unknown light on (but now definitely being more widely recognized & relatable, harrowing experiences by many) on authentic, absolutely helpful, factual tactics in dealing with these types of extremely TOXIC, negative, dangerous to people’s both mental & physical health & overall wellbeing, self-loathing, manipulative, compulsive lying, victim-playing, projecting, cruel, malignant, soul destroying (if you allow them to be..) “beings.” The bottom line is that people require TOOLS to combat these types of devastatingly abusive situations, or losing their lives & sanity is a very scary & realistic possibility. I have been there. Knowledge is power. I love this website & all of you free thinking, brave, open minded contributors who aren’t afraid to think outside the box & share extremely helpful knowledge such as this. Thank you! :)

e-Enoch

Superstar
Hello there! I would like to personally thank you for posting these very empowering, helpful, potentially life/sanity saving videos that shed much unknown light on (but now definitely being more widely recognized & relatable, harrowing experiences by many) on authentic, absolutely helpful, factual tactics in dealing with these types of extremely TOXIC, negative, dangerous to people’s both mental & physical health & overall wellbeing, self-loathing, manipulative, compulsive lying, victim-playing, projecting, cruel, malignant, soul destroying (if you allow them to be..) “beings.” The bottom line is that people require TOOLS to combat these types of devastatingly abusive situations, or losing their lives & sanity is a very scary & realistic possibility. I have been there. Knowledge is power. I love this website & all of you free thinking, brave, open minded contributors who aren’t afraid to think outside the box & share extremely helpful knowledge such as this. Thank you! :)
Hi! You're welcome! :)

Thank you also for finding these videos as useful tools and resources for dealing with this menacing problem, affecting countless of people around the world... Thanks to these experts and professionals, as well as to the stories of survival from different people...inspiring others to believe that there's help and hope...and that there are actual, practical ways to deal with these narcissistic people and situations. :)