With the world’s eyes on Afghanistan, how does the Taliban represent Islam?

Wigi

Veteran
Regardless of the premise, the West will have a hard time to be seen has a high standard for morals while in fact we can barely grasp the evil that was done in the name of the 'war on terror' :

If you think 9/11 was Islamic terror and if you go the full mainstream route about Bin Laden and 'the axis of evil', It's hard to find something more evil/shocking than the US lying about weapons of mass destruction while killing millions of Afghanis, some via drone just by tapping on a tablet, for apparently no reasons since they're now leaving with no results whatsoever except chaos and destruction in that region of the world.

. If you think 9/11 was an inside job so the west could illegaly invade the middle east in a costly war that means US and Christians more precisely gave lives for a demonic force in what looked like a baal worship thirsty for arabic blood while masking it as a holy crusade that's causing historical waves of refugee in Europe.

It's dishonest to say 'look at them with their sharia law' while all we could achieve is a wasteland and an increased hatred toward our western societies that they righteously call Babylon..

Lurking009

Veteran

"The Taliban upheld a strict interpretation of Sharia law last time they controlled Afghanistan, between 1996 and 2001, leaving many Afghans in fear of their future and the threat of strict punishments such as stoning and execution."

"Last time, women were effectively put under house arrest, being prevented from going on their balconies or going to work, attending school over the age of 10 or accessing healthcare administered by a man. They also had to wear the burka and cover their faces in public from the age of eight and be accompanied by a male guardian if they wanted to leave the house.

High-heeled shoes were also outlawed in case they excited men, and photographing, filming or displaying pictures of females in public or the home was not allowed. Any women who disobeyed the rules were flogged in the streets, stadiums or in town halls, even if they left the house without a male relative because they did not have one.

In extreme cases, one girl had her ears and nose severed and was left for dead after running away from an arranged marriage, and another woman had the tip of her thumb cut off for wearing nail varnish. Will it be the same going forward?

But the group did not deny the possibility of bringing back violent punishments such as stonings and public executions. “I can’t say right now, that’s up to the judges in the courts and the laws,” spokesman Suhail Shaheen told the BBC this week, adding: “The judges will be appointed according to the law of the future government.”

justjess

Superstar

"The Taliban upheld a strict interpretation of Sharia law last time they controlled Afghanistan, between 1996 and 2001, leaving many Afghans in fear of their future and the threat of strict punishments such as stoning and execution."

"Last time, women were effectively put under house arrest, being prevented from going on their balconies or going to work, attending school over the age of 10 or accessing healthcare administered by a man. They also had to wear the burka and cover their faces in public from the age of eight and be accompanied by a male guardian if they wanted to leave the house.

High-heeled shoes were also outlawed in case they excited men, and photographing, filming or displaying pictures of females in public or the home was not allowed. Any women who disobeyed the rules were flogged in the streets, stadiums or in town halls, even if they left the house without a male relative because they did not have one.

In extreme cases, one girl had her ears and nose severed and was left for dead after running away from an arranged marriage, and another woman had the tip of her thumb cut off for wearing nail varnish. Will it be the same going forward?

But the group did not deny the possibility of bringing back violent punishments such as stonings and public executions. “I can’t say right now, that’s up to the judges in the courts and the laws,” spokesman Suhail Shaheen told the BBC this week, adding: “The judges will be appointed according to the law of the future government.”
All of that is horrendous.. however their religion teaches them this is right. So I’d imagine a religious woman would agree this is right. No different from the restrictions placed on a Hasidic Jewish woman or an Amish woman. Would need to hear from AFGHAN woman that this is a problem for them - or atleast a substantial portion of them. So far they seem to be supportive of the taliban regaining rule with only some detracting from it and using their status to leave already (robotics team for example)

Daze

Superstar

Problem with this is we don't know whats true and whats not. I mean the BBC? Are you vaxxed up and wearing 2 masks with a visor completely avoiding all human contact while washing your hands every 2 minutes?

As a Christian you should be looking for the truth, not sharing articles that agree with your bias. Least be honest enough to say propaganda is everywhere and a source can be found to support any narrative.

I agree with Jess, what do the Afghan woman say about the Taliban?

The Taliban has changed many things since their previous hold on power. This is apparent for anyone who is hearing about of what is going in Kabul. Girls are going to school as the have done under the Taliban's first hold on power, the shar'i hijab is mandated but the full covering is only optional.

Last edited:

Lurking009

Veteran
Problem with this is we don't know whats true and whats not. I mean the BBC? Are you vaxxed up and wearing 2 masks with a visor completely avoiding all human contact while washing your hands every 2 minutes?

As a Christian you should be looking for the truth, not sharing articles that agree with your bias. Least be honest enough to say propaganda is everywhere and a source can be found to support any narrative.

I agree with Jess, what do the Afghan woman say about the Taliban?
Yes, yes, I know. If it agrees with your view it's the truth. If it disagrees, it's propaganda and brainwashing.

justjess

Superstar
Yes, yes, I know. If it agrees with your view it's the truth. If it disagrees, it's propaganda and brainwashing.
You are being patronizing assuming you know better for afghani women then they do for themselves. Again, I would not be okay living like that but it is not my culture or religion. Whether this is a good or bad thing is to be determined by the afghani people, especially the women. Not Christian or non religious Americans.

Daze

Superstar
So why do you quote this post but ignore the one i directed to you before it?

Interesting what one takes from a "news" report when they go into it biased. Lets define propaganda as what it is, only listening to one side. So, watch the video i just posted about Afghan woman.

Maybe God will open your eyes with it, but haters gotta hate.

Lurking009

Veteran

"In early July, Taliban leaders, who took control of the provinces of Badakhshan and Takhar, issued an order to local religious leaders to provide them with a list of girls over the age of 15 and widows under the age of 45 for “marriage” with Taliban fighters. It's not yet known whether they've complied.

If these forced marriages take place, women and girls will be taken to Waziristan in Pakistan to be re-educated and converted to "authentic Islam".

This order has caused profound fear among women and their families living in these areas and forced them to flee and join the ranks of internally displaced persons, adding to the humanitarian disaster unfolding in Afghanistan. In the past three months alone, 900,000 people have been displaced

Despite claiming they've changed their stance on women's rights, the Taliban's actions and latest efforts to commit thousands of women to sexual slavery demonstrate quite the opposite.

Furthermore, the Taliban have signalled their intention to deny girls education past the age of 12, to ban women from employment and reinstate the law requiring women to be accompanied by a guardian.

Offering "wives" is a strategy aimed at luring militants to join the Taliban. This is sexual enslavement, not marriage, and forcing women into sexual slavery under the guise of marriage is both a war crime and a crime against humanity."

I'm sure the above recent news is strictly propaganda and brainwashing. After all, the same group that so firmly believed in terrorizing, murdering, enslaving, and raping 20 years ago would never think of doing the same thing now. They are the kinder, gentler Taliban.