Melanie Martinez

Here is her explanation of the album, where she says her inspiration from hypnotherapy and NDE, which by the way leaves out completely the meeting of God which is actually extremely common in those experiences. She says she wrote almost half of this album in her portal room with “spirits” and there’s a lot telling in her lyrics.

Attachments

BananaLaser

Veteran
The Contortionist sounds a lot like MK abuse BUT Melanie is notoriously dramatic in all her songs, this isn’t new for her. The moon cycle makes me very uncomfortable and describes blood as “sweet”.. like it’s being consumed.
I thought all the lyrics to the songs on "Portals" were perturbing. I wouldn't dare listen to any of those songs though, reading the lyrics is enough for me. I can agree that the song "The Contortionist" is about MK abuse. Is there any topic in specific that you think "Moon Cycle" is about? The song "Moon Cycle" could possibly just be about the normalization of cannibalism.

I thought all the lyrics to the songs on "Portals" were perturbing. I wouldn't dare listen to any of those songs though, reading the lyrics is enough for me. I can agree that the song "The Contortionist" is about MK abuse. Is there any topic in specific that you think "Moon Cycle" is about? The song "Moon Cycle" could possibly just be about the normalization of cannibalism.
Besides the weirdness of what she says it is about in her own eyes, it could be cannibalism or adrenochrome reference

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, what is an "adrenochrome reference"?
VC articles have recently talked about famous people taking/drinking adrenochrome which is…something (a property? Chemical?) .. in the blood of children and I think fear is involved? Honestly I don’t remember the whole thing, but there’s been a trend about drinking blood to stay younger that VC has been exposing. I do think it’s a little far fetched for that song but it still is kinda promoting blood or cannibalism

Ahmanet

Rookie
I think 'Moon Cycle' is referring to the menstrual cycle?

BananaLaser

Veteran
I think 'Moon Cycle' is referring to the menstrual cycle?
Perhaps it could mean that too. I think most pop songs these days have a bit of a double entendre. They have an easy to understand surface level meaning, but then there may be a more sinister meaning that isn't so obvious; a meaning that you have to find out by carefully dissecting the lyrics.

Here is her explanation of the album, where she says her inspiration from hypnotherapy and NDE, which by the way leaves out completely the meeting of God which is actually extremely common in those experiences. She says she wrote almost half of this album in her portal room with “spirits” and there’s a lot telling in her lyrics.
Back when crybaby wasn't about spiritual wokism.
Ugh