Pick A Word, Drop A Word

Lalas

Star
Obviously, I was the first, according to the All-Wise Forum System. Also, apparently Freeman commented almost immediately, a millisecond after me, so it's not fair for him to delete his comment. We have a precedent. What's going on?

A Freeman

Superstar
Treacherous Judah

Jeremiah 3:6-11
3:6 The "I AM" said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen [that] which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot* (been unfaithful to Me).
3:7 And I said after she had done all these [things], Turn thou unto Me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw [it].
3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
3:9 And it came to pass through her making light of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
3:10 And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto Me with her whole heart, but in pretence, saith the "I AM".
3:11 And the "I AM" said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than TREACHEROUS JUDAH (Jew-dah).

*building temples/synagogues/churches, etc.

1726380626520.jpeg

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
Obviously, I was the first, according to the All-Wise Forum System. Also, apparently Freeman commented almost immediately, a millisecond after me, so it's not fair for him to delete his comment. We have a precedent. What's going on?
Nothing of import.

+7 to @Lalas for adulting

+5 to @A Freeman for smartly allowing the play

+8 to me for added aesthetic value
* Unless I'm contested, which is entirely possible.

. . .

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
TREACHEROUS Ides

ides
the middle of certain Roman months, particularly March, May, July, and October.

Today, most people know the word from the phrase "Beware the ides of March," which comes from William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

In the play, a fortune-teller issues this warning to Caesar during events that lead up to his assassination in the Senate.
. . .